Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Got a Hankerin'


Tonight I really got the itch to oil paint. I think it was all that staring at amazing art on Ryan Wood, Adam Ford, Mark Behm, Dave McClellan, Dave Malan, and a ton of other's bolgs. They amaze me. Makes me want to paint and draw more and more. Man, I need it. This is oil on paper. I began using oil on paper in college, and fell in love with it. It is somewhat smooth, but keeps a bit of a tooth, shows the brush strokes a bit from the gesso, and is light and easy to store. I remembered something the hard way tonight...don't use Ivory Black as your black when doing a grisaille painting...it turns blue when mixed with white! Mars Black all the way. Doing this tonight was punishing...but worth it. I needed it, and I need to get better, that's for sure. Posted by Picasa

No comments: