Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Some Newer Figures

Here's a few recent figure drawings done at work. I finally got around to bringing my camera to work so I could take pictures. All images are on 18x24 paper.

This first image is graphite on paper. I now know why graphite is used on SMALL drawings. It took forever to get the darks, and I'm not too happy with it. The entire image turned out pretty good, but the hand on her lap is a bit small and unfinished. This image took 2 hours.

In this image, I was using conte, which I love for how dark it is, but at the same time I loathe for how hard it is to pick up with an eraser. However, I really liked the line quality I got with the conte.

This is a 5 minute gesture study. NuPastel on paper

This was a study where I just wasn't drawing well. The proportions are a bit off, the line is not what I wanted, and once again, I was braving the ever-daunting task of drawing with Conte. This was about 45 minutes.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Great pics,nice blog !!