Thursday, June 04, 2009
New Character Progress
So I started on a new character, and to break out of the mold, I went really cartoony. I need to break out of my box from time to time. After seeing Up, I thought I would give the look a shot. While this is a far cry from it, it's definitely closer than previous stuff. This is all about 2 hours of work. I started from a box and wend from there. I'm not normally a box modeler, but I really wanted a smooth surface that comes from "Catmull-Clarking" a box down. it's actually pretty easy. I would never do it for a complicated character, but for something like this, it worked great. The top montage is just a few morphs that I was experimenting with. This was all done in Modo 302...gotta love Modo!