Monday, October 27, 2008

Maya Arm Rigging Tutorials

For my BYU Class, I did some simple rigging tutorials so that they could watch it after I shoe them in class. I made these available on Vimeo, so anyone can watch them. They're pretty simple, since this is a beginning Maya class, but for what it's worth, they may help someone else.

Oh, and by the way, if you join Vimeo (which is free), you can download the original video at the bottom right of the page.

Part 1 - Joints, IK, and Control Objects

Creating an IK Arm in Maya - Part 1 from Barry Zundel on Vimeo.

Part 2 - Forearm Roll Bones

Creating an IK Arm in Maya - Part 2 from Barry Zundel on Vimeo.

Part 3 - Finger and Clavicle Control

Creating an IK Arm in Maya - Part 3 from Barry Zundel on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial videos Barry! Thanks!

Hugo Freutel said...

Thanks for sharing.
Complicated though.
( Just started with Sketch up, I am just looking for an easy 3D modelling program to use for caracature and cartoons.)

syryr said...

hey I have done this but on the right side the Forearm 50 50 keeps flipping out it flips almost 180 degrees...., please respond to syrtyr@hotmail.com

snus said...

A great tutorial, but would it be possible to have a link on the joint orient.zip?

I'm having trouble finding it and I cannot read the URL in the video.

Many thanks.